HBI Consulting and Leicester Squash Club are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
HBI Consulting and Leicester Squash Club may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is currently effective.
What we collect
We may collect and/or hold the following personally identifiable information:
- firstname and surname
- contact details: home, work and mobile phone numbers, and email address
- postal address
- website login details
- data as a result of your activity on this website (reservations and cancellations for courts) or as a result of your participation as a member of Leicester Squash Club (internal league positions, for example).
We are committed to ensuring that this information is secure, and only accessible to Leicester Squash Club members. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Access to this website is restricted to currently active members only by a secure login process.
- It is the responsibility of Leicester Squash Club to manage the Member's database and to ensure that only currently active members are given access to this website.
- HBI Consulting warrants that there is no personally identifiable information on this website which is visible or accessible to non-members or other users of the World Wide Web, and that any personally identifiable information can only be accessed by members who are logged-in to this website or by Leicester Squash Club Administrators.
Information which is available to logged-in members
This website is a court reservation system and Members' Directory with individual Profile pages which share the following personally identifiable information amongst logged-in members of Leicester Squash Club only.
- Booking sheets which display the names of the members who reserved the courts
- Members' Directory with links to the members' individual Profile pages
- Member Profile pages which include firstname and surname, and other information, which may have been voluntarily added to the website by the member, such as phone numbers, email address, and profile images
- League positions and league results
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information in order to provide this website, in particular for the following purposes and for the mutual benefit of all members.
- The main pupose of this website is to provide a court reservation system.
- When you reserve courts, your name will be displayed on the "booking sheets".
- Your contact details (phone and email address only) will be included in the Members' Directory which includes a personal Profile Page for each member in the Directory.
- If you participate in the Internal Leagues, your name, league number and position will be displayed on the Internal League pages, with a link to your contact details in the Members' Directory, so that other members may contact you in order to arrange a game.
- Leicester Squash Club's designated System Administrators may use your email address to send you information such as news and events about the club.
- The booking system itself will send you automated emails to confirm you have reserved or cancelled courts. In addition, you may also subscribe to receive automatic email alerts when courts are cancelled by other members.
HBI Consulting and Leicester Squash Club may use the information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Aggregate data to analyse court usage.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes in order to customise the website according to your interests.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you do not want your name to be displayed on the Booking Sheets and in the Internal Leagues, then you must contact Leicester Squash Club's secretary or manager and request to be removed from this system. In this case, you will not be able to use this website to reserve courts.
- You can choose to hide your contact details (phone numbers and email address) from other members so that this information is not shown on your Profile Page in the Members' Directory. When logged in this website, look for the link to "Edit My Profile".
- If you do not want to receive messages sent to you by Leicester Squash Club Administrators, then you can either click the link at the bottom of each message to "unsubscribe" yourself from future e-mailings, or you can log in to this website, click the "My Settings" link, and un-check the box to indicate that you would like to be included in the club's email list.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting unless you tell us that you do not wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Leicester Squash Club (see address below). A small fee may be payable.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact the Leicester Squash Club Administrator as soon as possible. Leicester Squash Club will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie ("HTTP cookie") is either a small text file that is stored on your hard drive, or some information that is stored in memory until you close your browser. Any given website can store and read only its own cookies; it cannot read a cookie set by another website, nor can it inject information into cookies set by other websites. Please click here for more information about cookies on Wikipedia.
- In order to provide a seucre and personalised browsing experience, HBI Consulting and Leicester Squash Club may use non-persistent "session cookies" which only lasts for the duration of using this website. Your web browser will normally delete session cookies when it quits this website.
- When you check "Remember Login" prior to logging-in to this website, a "persistent cookie" will be stored on your computer to remember your login details. DO NOT USE THIS FEATURE ON A PUBLIC OR SHARED COMPUTER. This persistent cookie will normally be saved on your hard drive and used by the website to fill-in your login details for future visits.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website, or in some cases, this may prevent you from being able to login to this website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.